I am working as a Product Engineer in the Special Products group of Fisher Controls in Marshalltown, Iowa. I am responsible for answering and providing engineering input to inquiries from sales and manufacturing worldwide for many of Fisher’s largest sliding stem product lines. Additionally, I work on engineering special orders, which often contain unique material, temperature, pressure, or other requirements.
I worked as a Python developer within Bell’s Innovation group, primarily focusing on fleet simulation and DevOps.
- Rearchitected a SQL server data analysis workflow with Databricks and Azure Batch to save over $30k annually
- Automated testing, static code analysis, and deployments with Azure Pipelines
- Developed a process for repeatable mass deployments of mission software onto air-launched drones
- Participated in test events and provided on-site customer support for mission-critical software
- Simplified Python code distribution and re-usability using JFrog Artifactory
- Volunteered with the Bell Advanced Vertical Robotics competition for high-school students as the lead software engineer writing control software, documentation, and answering student questions
- Researched alternative software to generate large certification documents and developed a proof-of-concept in LaTeX for greater engineering efficiency
- Performed systems tests of a new Citation Latitude simulator before and during customer acceptance to ensure the simulator correctly replicated the behavior of the real aircraft
I modeled an apparatus to channel light into a series of detectors for an experiment a professor was working on in the Physics department.
- Collaborated on a diverse Agile scrum team as part of the software design process for Military Avionics Fusion Flight Management Systems
- Developed and maintained tests for Ada avionics software to ensure DO-178B certification conformity
- Worked with requirements and traceability from high-level system functionality down to software code
- Prototyped improvements to the KC-46 Remote Vision System, including developing a working air-to-air refueling scale model with a 5-axis robot
- Co-invented a laser projection system to calibrate stereoscopic cameras (US11360375B1)